Thunderbird is busted after GNOME update

Alexander Kabaev kabaev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 20:15:44 PDT 2007

Hi,

the recent GNOME update seems to have broken thunderbird quite severely
on FreeBSD 8-current.

Thunderbird reliably gets caught by some malloc assertion and gets
deadlocked while trying to print assert message, which in turn needs
working malloc. The hang happens every time a new email compositor
window is opened, so this is trivial to reproduce.

Unfortunately the backtrace I have is not informative as I do not have
binary compiled with debug symbols and it will take some time to come
up with one. Just in case, I am rebuilding Thunderbird and all its
dependencies and will post it after buildis finished, unless someone
beats me to it.

--
Alexander Kabaev