greeter application is missing[?!] is this the gnome login?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon Oct 29 09:53:05 PDT 2007

        Well, I managed to hose my gnome config *thoroughly*.  Can
        anybody clue me in how to set things right?

        /home is now where /usr/home was before.  I have a dummy
        acccolunt that when I typr (as root) kdm, KDE starts up.
        But trying gdm (or automating this in /etc/rc.conf) gets me
        nowhere.  I deleted ~/.gnome2 thinking that itwould be rebuilt on
        my next login. Nope.  --i Also messed with the login screen
        andnow I see a large daisy on the lower right.  There is a dialog
        about my missing some files in /var/tmp.

        Any/all insights welcome here!

        gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix