gnome-volume-manager-2.17 in gnome-2.20

Eric L. Chen d9364104 at mail.nchu.edu.tw
Wed Oct 17 07:29:19 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 09:14 +0800, Eric L. Chen wrote:
> Hi,
> My gnome-volume-manager cannot startup after upgrade to gnome-2.20.
> That caused gnome will not mount USB disk automatically, this is a
> little problem because I've be using gnome+freebsd as my desktop
> for a long time.
>
> After googled, this is not FreeBSD specified problem, it happened
> in archlinux, too. See http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=37544
> Discuss more at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=428810
> I applied their patch and my gnome now can mount USB disk/CDROM
> automatically.
Hi Marcus,
I saw you committed patch to solve local user problem.
----
Fix a dumb bug where we would not be able to detect the local user
properly.
This bug was exposed when the integer overflow bug was fixed.  This should
prevent g-v-m from terminating on startup.
----
But I still cannot startup g-v-m successfully, like:
----
 ~> gnome-volume-manager
 ~> ps -ax|grep gnome-volume-manager
 ~> gnome-volume-manager -n
 ~> ps -ax | grep gnome-volume-manager
 2232  p1  R+     0:00.00 grep gnome-volume-manager
 ~> gnome-volume-manager --sm-disable
 ~> ps -ax | grep gnome-volume-manager
 2236  p1  R+     0:00.00 grep gnome-volume-manager
 ~> ps -ax | grep gnome-volume-manager
 ~> gnome-volume-manager -d yes
 ~> ps -ax | grep gnome-volume-manager
----
I am using Intel 2200BG wireless card, maybe it still has problem with wireless connection.

/Eric