(minor) issues after upgrading to 2.20

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 7 18:41:19 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 20:18 -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 17:07:43 -0500, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 15:06:56 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke
> > <marcus at freebsd.org> wrote:

> >> I need more details on this.  I don't see any problem trying to access
> >> help from System > Help or any of the application Help menus that I have
> >> tried.
> >>
> >> I need exact steps to reproduce as well as any errors encountered.
> >
> > There is weird problem with yelp, I keep get when I go to System > Help
> > and I get dialog:

> > Page not found
> >
> > The requested page was not found in the TOC.
> >
> > If I run gedit and go to Help -> Contents and I get this:

> > Page not found
> >
> > The requested page was not found in the document
> > /usr/local/share/gnome/help/gedit/C/gedit.xml.
> >
> > But strange, if I click on 'ok' button and gedit manual is right there.
> > I am able to read gedit manual stuff with no problem.
> >
> > # ls -l /usr/local/share/gnome/help/gedit/C/gedit.xml
> > -r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  110758 Sep 27 17:36
> > /usr/local/share/gnome/help/gedit/C/gedit.xml
>
> Ummm.... It's strange, when reinstall firefox w/ WITH_DEBUG and all of
> that problems above have disappeared. Maybe reinstall firefox helps, but
> not sure why I have that problem when it was done by a clean installation.
>
> > Yelp likes to crash at the every exit. I couldn't get good backtraces, I
> > think I will have to reinstall firefox with WITH_DEBUG to get good one.
>
> The backtraces look better now after reinstall firefox w/ WITH_DEBUG.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/gdb/gdb-yelp.txt

Firefox is trying to call some method in a module that gdb doesn't know
about.  Do you have any plug-ins or extensions loaded in Firefox?  Can
you print out the value of mInfo in frame 1 of the stack?

Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome