(minor) issues after upgrading to 2.20

Frank Jahnke jahnke at sonatabio.com
Sun Oct 7 16:13:12 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 17:28 -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> >> There is weird problem with yelp, I keep get when I go to System > Help
> >> and I get dialog:
> >>
> >> ===========================================
> >> Page not found
> >>
> >> The requested page was not found in the TOC.
> >> ===========================================
> >>
> >> If I run gedit and go to Help -> Contents and I get this:
> >>
> >> ===========================================
> >> Page not found
> >>
> >> The requested page was not found in the document
> >> /usr/local/share/gnome/help/gedit/C/gedit.xml.
> >> ===========================================
> >>
> >> But strange, if I click on 'ok' button and gedit manual is right there.
> >> I am able to read gedit manual stuff with no problem.
> >>

> > Are you running Yelp over VNC or the like?
>
> Nope, just run normal desktop by via GDM (enable_gnome="YES") and it was a
> clean installation of GNOME 2.20. I noticed that in /var/log/messages has:

FWIW, that's what I saw at first.  Now though it loads.  I've seen this
frequently on 2.20 -- that the behavior is not the same from one time to
another.  Any idea why?  Mine is an upgrade from 2.18, and I did not
change any of the dot files.  Should I?

Yelp still crashes on exit.  It also loads help for Gnome 2.14 from the
System Panel.

I just tried it again, and it is back to the behavior Mezz described.
Very Odd.  (And yes, I checked the memory and it is fine.)

Frank