(minor) issues after upgrading to 2.20

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Oct 7 15:03:43 PDT 2007

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 15:06:56 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org>
wrote:

> Frank Jahnke wrote:
>>> Good, we need more reports for 2.20.
>>

>> 6. Documentation from the Help menus is unavailable, but may not have
>> been part of the tarball.
>
> I need more details on this.  I don't see any problem trying to access
> help from System > Help or any of the application Help menus that I have
> tried.
>
> I need exact steps to reproduce as well as any errors encountered.

There is weird problem with yelp, I keep get when I go to System > Help
and I get dialog:

Page not found

The requested page was not found in the TOC.

If I run gedit and go to Help -> Contents and I get this:

Page not found

The requested page was not found in the document
/usr/local/share/gnome/help/gedit/C/gedit.xml.

But strange, if I click on 'ok' button and gedit manual is right there. I
am able to read gedit manual stuff with no problem.

# ls -l /usr/local/share/gnome/help/gedit/C/gedit.xml
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  110758 Sep 27 17:36
/usr/local/share/gnome/help/gedit/C/gedit.xml

Yelp likes to crash at the every exit. I couldn't get good backtraces, I
think I will have to reinstall firefox with WITH_DEBUG to get good one.

> Joe

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org