(minor) issues after upgrading to 2.20

Frank Jahnke jahnke at sonatabio.com
Thu Oct 4 20:00:29 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 21:44 -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> > I'm seeing that a lot, it seems.  Any ideas?
>
> No idea (without any of your details), you can try to create a dummy
> account to see if you still have same issue. If the dummy account works
> better than your account, then you might have to clean up some of ~/.*
> stuff.

I'll try the dummy account over the weekend.

> If you are seeing some random of crash like segfault 11, then it
> might be your ram.

Doubtful.  The memory is ECC/Reg, and I've not seen segfault 11.
Everything does fail eventually, of course, but I would be more inclined
to believe bad disk sectors, which I do seem to pick up from time to
time (in spite of good SCSI drives) -- maybe once every two years or so.

Also, the OS has never crashed.  The errors, at worst, crash X.

> Or maybe reboot your machine will help to clear up some
> things like with semaphore stuff (for mono stuff, like tomboy) for example.

Just done.

> If reboot machine helps, then you can tweak your system to get your
> desktop runs smooth. Here's mine:

That is how I have it set up, at least after the mono edits.  The rest
was identical before.

Frank