(minor) issues after upgrading to 2.20

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Oct 3 19:39:10 PDT 2007

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:43:05 -0500, Brian Gruber <knightbg at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> after i upgraded to 2.20, i hit a few small snags
> which i thought i should report...

Good, we need more reports for 2.20.

>    * i had been using a gdm theme which i'd installed
> myself (not from ports), so it did not get moved from
> share/gnome/gdm/themes to share/gdm/themes, causing
> gdm to complain it couldn't find the theme.

All we can do are to add messages in the /usr/ports/UPDATING and praying
for any users that will reading it.. :-)

>    * my monitor isn't being put to sleep

See below at the last comments.

>    * i (stupidly) tried running the upgrade in a
> gnome-terminal while logged into gnome, giving me a
> corrupted gconf saved_state, leading to an inability
> to login at all after the upgrade was completed.

I have no idea.

>    * tomboy doesn't seem to be updated, as the
> official gnome release notes suggest. i guess that's
> cause bsd# maintains the port?

I guess so, it looks like not there is no one in GNOME team that have any
interest to poke around with it.

>    * x11-themes/gnome-themes-extras should now depend
> on x11-themes/icon-naming-utils

Yep, committed it and thanks!

> i think that's it. if anyone has a clue on how to get
> my monitor to automatically turn off, that would be
> nice.

I don't know much about monitor features in GNOME, but just wondering if
you have gnome_enable="YES" in your /etc/rc.conf? To make sure you have
everything run. Is there any error in the ~/.xsession-errors (if you use
GDM)?

> /brian

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org