desktop-file-utils port problem

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Wed Mar 21 05:03:54 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 08:49 +0300, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> It seems recently builded on -current update-desktop-database dumps core
> without /usr/share/applications exist (and it isn't exist after default
> installation). It is one of the MIMEDIRS in Makefile. Perhaps it is
> related to recent gettext update, but I am sure I rebuild everything.
> After mkdir /usr/share/applications it runs normally and creates
> mimeinfo.cache there too.

You're not the only one who has reported this, and it does seem to be
related to the gettext update plus a non-C locale, but I cannot
reproduce.  I have tried French, Spanish, and Russian LANGs, but
update-desktop-database doesn't crash.

So far, the only backtrace I've seen of this crash points to a thread
problem (possibly the mixing of libpthread and libthr).  Can you give a
full backtrace of this crash?