Curious behavior of HAL in 2.18

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Mar 20 22:10:40 UTC 2007

Following up my own message, It is not the mounting or umounting of a
system that triggers it. It is the creation or deletion of a device in
/dev.

I can understand this triggering HAL, but I don't know why it wants to
alway remount all of the system partitions.

If it is relevant, the device created/destroyed is an md device.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)