Epiphany and Java

Frank Jahnke jahnke at sonatabio.com
Fri Mar 16 00:25:01 UTC 2007

I have been having problems with Epiphany since I upgraded Java to 1.5.
I added a symbolic link
from /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so
to /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so.
In the "about:plugins" screen the correct location for the Java 1.5
plugin is displayed, but the title still displays Java 1.4.2, the name
is still listed below the file name as Java 1.4.2, and the MIME types
only show Java versions up to 1.4.2.  The old version of Java is still
on the system.

Firefox registers everything properly, and is stable.  Epiphany has
become very unstable.  But the Sun Java test page does find Java 1.5 in
Epiphany.

Something is not set properly, and I am at a loss to figure out what it
is.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Frank