tracker search not working?

Must Karu mustikas008 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 15:21:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

can anyone confirm that ports/sysutils/tracker search
works properly on FreeBSD?  I installed it from ports,
and although trackerd now runs, with the tracker.log
file containing all these zillion directories it
claims to be watching, the thing does not seem to be
working.  For: when I invoke tracker-extract on a .txt
file that contains some text, it outputs nothing.  (It
is supposed to output the search results to stdout as
one can read on the tracker webpage.)  Likewise,
tracker-seach-tool gives `no results' for any possible
search string; and I've tried files that are obviously
listed even in the tracker .log file.  tracker-stats
gives nothing.  The search GUI freezes for about half
a minute when I enter a search string.  So, all in all
the trackerd search seems to do nothing.  I wonder
where might the fault lie?  I could do more tests to
help locate the cause of this behaviour but don't know
what I could or should do really.  Can anyone point me
to how I should proceed?  Does anybody have a working
tracker on their system?

thanks, must