Evolution: unable to change settings

Frank Jahnke jahnke at sonatabio.com
Fri Mar 9 19:10:52 UTC 2007

I am unable to change email account settings in Evolution 2.8.3.  In the
program, the "OK" button becomes shaded, so any changes cannot be
saved.  When executed from the command line, I get the error:

(evolution-2.8:7666): e-utils-WARNING **: Cannot resolve symbol
'org_gnome_new_mail_config' in plugin
'/usr/local/evolution/2.8/plugins/liborg-gnome-new-mail-notify.so' (not
exported?)

The file exists with appropriate permissions.

How do I correct this?  At the moment it means that I cannot send email,
since I cannot put in a port change for outgoing smtp mail services.  I
am thus relegated to using a Windows machine at the moment...

Frank