any clues hy Gnome isn't autobooting?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Tue Jun 5 23:49:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 09:37:28AM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> Do you have a symlink from /usr/X11R6 to /usr/local?
>
> Lots of ports and even system apps still reference /usr/X11R6 and the
> symlink is needed to make it work.
>
> Did you run the /usr/ports/Tools/scripts/mergebase.sh script? It should
> make the symlink and fix some issues in rc.conf, periodic.conf and
> manpath.config.

	That was what I ran after the frst portupgrade -aP finished.
	I did look at the script before; did NOT check to make sure
	that things were linked.

	Oh: last night, I edited out every instance of X11R6 from
	defaults/, manpath.config, and so forth.  Was this a mistake?

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix