any clues hy Gnome isn't autobooting?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Jun 1 02:28:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007 21:17:41 -0500, Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org>
wrote:

> 	I have gdm_enable="YES" in /rc.conf but whrn I boot, I'm always
> 	tossed into termina mode.  I have to login as root and go from
> 	there.  Typing gdm is rejected because the binary is already
> 	running.  And that proves true.  Tying kdm eventually gets me to
> 	that graphix login.  From the kde login i can mouse into any
> 	window manager I choose, but it turns out I'm more familiar with
> 	gnome, etc, etc.  so to hav my hand, fingers, wrist, i'll
> 	appreciate any insights.  Ifthe booot process looks at my
> 	.xsession, that is likely part oft he problem.

You will get better respone from us if you follow this:
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/bugging.html

Also, you haven't yet respone back to Norberto Meijome:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2007-May/017594.html

We are clueless just like you without any of your details.

> 	Almost back to normal, tho!
>
> 	-g

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org