ports/107964: ports/gnome-media-2.16.1_1 gnome-cd fails to play CD

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Jan 19 19:40:24 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR ports/107964; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
To: User1001 <supraexpress at globaleyes.net>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/107964: ports/gnome-media-2.16.1_1 gnome-cd fails to play CD
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:31:33 -0600

 On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 04:02:27 -0600, User1001 <supraexpress at globaleyes.net>
 wrote:

 > OK - installed "gstreamer-plugins-cdparanoia-0.10.11_2,2" and "gnome-cd"
 > is now
 > able to perform its CDDA lookup and playback the installed CD.
 >
 > Perhaps "gstreamer-plugins-cdparanoia-0.10.11_2,2" should be a
 > requirement, or
 > at least an option, in the Makefile for "gnome-cd". Seems kinda
 > pointless to not
 > be able to playback a CD at all when there is no builtin CDDA support in
 > "gnome-cd".

 Yes, I will add gstreamer-plugins-cdparanoia as dependency in gnome-media
 and bump gnome-media soon.

 > The problem noted in PR#107964 has been fixed by the installation of
 > "gstreamer-plugins-cdparanoia-0.10.11_2,2", but that still leaves open
 > the
 > question of how best to incorporate the plugin with "gnome-media"
 > without the
 > user having to figure it all out. So - should there be a separate PR to
 > address
 > this association issue?

 No, never file another PR to fix for another PR unless it is a different
 bug or subject. While I am here, thanks for report and test!

 > Jeremy Messenger wrote:
 >> I don't know much about gnome-cd and cdda, so just wondering if you have
 >> gstreamer-plugins-cdparanoia installed?

 FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
 http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org