FreeBSD Port: gimp

albrecht albrecht06 at arcor.de
Thu Jan 11 16:34:59 PST 2007

Dear maintainer(s),

I have to install Gimp for any reasons. It makes not difference if I install
it via a package or via ports-system, everytime I have the same problem:
It installs many Gnome packages.
I do not want anything from Gnome installed, because I come in trouble if I
install packages after some Gnome installation - and I really do not like it.
And I have no file space for it.
My questions are:
Why Gnome is installed through backdoors if I install/compile Gimp (which part
is the reason?) and how can I be sure not to install any Gnome-parts (except
libart2 maybe)?

thank you for hints in advance.