[Fwd: HAL error messages]

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Mon Jan 8 12:21:08 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 19:50 +0000, Luis Neves wrote:
> The KDE folks said to try here since you guys are the hal maintainers.

You will have to follow the README.freebsd example for creating an fdi
file, and merge the property storage.media_check_enabled with a value of
FALSE to tell hald to stop polling this device for media changes (use a
unique identifier for this device as the match criterion).  The downside
is that auto-mounting will no longer work for this device.  It
essentially will turn it into a floppy drive.