firefox 2.0 core dumps

Scott T. Hildreth shildret at fbsd1.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 22 01:33:30 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 18:34 -0600, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:

> > >   Jeremy,
> > >     Curious how kde-xdg-env is needed for the 'save as'.  If I read the
> > >     description of kde-xdg-env it is used for startkde.  I didn't see
> > >     that the original poster is using kde.  Maybe I missed the
> > >     something.  Any case my kde-xdg-env is up to date (I use xfce) and
> > >     I have the 'save as' problem with Galeon, Epiphany, Firefox, &
> >
> > All I have to do is search for 'kde-xdg-env' in
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/ .. Result:
> >
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-gnome/2006-December/016298.html
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-gnome/2006-December/016302.html
>

>    Okay, If I understand those correctly ... the problem occurs from
> running gnome apps with the KDE
>    WM.  I worded my question wrong, does that apply to non-kde users?
> In trying  to track down why I
>    have this problem for all my apps, I was wondering if this could be a
> source of the problem.

 Well I will answer my own email, it does affect non-kde users.  Xfce
users as well.  I edited /usr/local/bin/startxfce4 and fixed the
XDG_DATA_DIRS env variable to,

/usr/share:/usr/local/share:/usr/local/share/gnome

as described in the posts above and the problem went away.

Jeremy thanks for pointing me into the right direction,

 Scott

--
Scott T. Hildreth <shildret at fbsd1.dyndns.org>