firefox 2.0 core dumps

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Feb 21 23:45:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:22:30 -0600, Scott T. Hildreth
<shild at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 10:58 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 01:37:27 -0600, sekes <gexlie at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > i have a problem with firefox and core dumps.
>> >
>> > how to repeat:
>> >
>> > 1. execute the firefox
>> > 2. open any url, i.e.: http://beautynn.cololo.com/lj/tupoy/bsd.jpg
>> > 3. right mouse button click -> Save Image As...
>> > 4. select the directory where you want to save a picture and save it.
>> > 5. after saving click the right mouse button again and select Save
>> Image
>> > As...
>> > 6. at this time the dialog box which appears do not answer on any
>> mouse
>> > clicks and after 2 seconds firefox crashes with a core dump
>>
>> You need to make sure you have the lastest version of kde-xdg-env and
>> you
>> must restart your desktop.
>
>   Jeremy,
>     Curious how kde-xdg-env is needed for the 'save as'.  If I read the
>     description of kde-xdg-env it is used for startkde.  I didn't see
>     that the original poster is using kde.  Maybe I missed the
>     something.  Any case my kde-xdg-env is up to date (I use xfce) and
>     I have the 'save as' problem with Galeon, Epiphany, Firefox, &

All I have to do is search for 'kde-xdg-env' in
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/ .. Result:

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-gnome/2006-December/016298.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-gnome/2006-December/016302.html

>     Evolution.  As I posted in another email.  Is there a library I
>     should try to rebuild?

What another email?

>   Thanks,
>     Scott
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org