gnome-power-manager misbehaviour

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Sat Feb 3 21:07:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a problem with gnome-power-manager on a Thinkpad T41: in the
BIOS, the diplay brightness ist set to "HIGH", which means that the
diplay should not be dimmed when running on battery.

A similar configuration can be made made in the gnome-power-manager
settings, and I have set the display brightness to 100% for battery
mode.

But the power-management seems to ignore this, whenever I run the T41 on
battery, the display is dimmed. I am quite sure that this is the fault
of Gnome's power-management as it does not happen when the GDM login
display is showed (no Gnome session running yet).

Is there a way to change this misbehaviour? With the 14"-panel in IBM's
T4x-series you need all the light you can get. :)

thank you,
Uwe