latest Firefox fails on https

Wilko Bulte wb at freebie.xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 26 13:16:03 PST 2007

Hi folks,

In the hope I will not make a fool out of myself with this question:

I just brought my laptop to the very latest 8-CURRENT.  Worked without a
hitch.

As a side project I decided to also bring all ports up to date to the
latest.

One of the ports is Firefox.

Which now gives me the following error message on every https: URL that I
try:

	Unexpected response from server
	Firefox doesn't know how to communicate with the server.

	    *   Check to make sure your system has the Personal Security Manager
		  installed.
	    *   This might be due to a non-standard configuration on the server.

I now have built from ports:
	firefox-2.0.0.11,1  Web browser based on the browser portion of Mozilla
	nss-3.11.7          Libraries to support development of security-enabled applic

A somewhat earlier Firefox 2.0.0.x (whatever the prebuilt packages server
currently carries) I fetched via pkg_add -r gave me the same error message.

Firefox works just fine with normal http servers.

Google gives me lots of "me too" and assorted Linux crud but nothing
relevant to FreeBSD unfortunately.

Insight & help is more than appreciated,

Wilko

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko at FreeBSD.org