multislot cardreader and hald

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Mon Dec 24 09:11:53 PST 2007

on 24/12/2007 16:32 Andriy Gapon said the following:
> on 21/12/2007 15:33 Joe Marcus Clarke said the following:
>> Disc media is treated differently than USB media.  USB umass devices are
>> assumed to have media.  This is part of the issue with the card reader
>> (floppy drives behave the same way).
>
> Isn't this a bad assumption?

Attached is a patch that attempts to address removable storage devices
(that are not CD-ROMs) attached either via SCSI or via USB. The purpose
is to do "gentler" probing of media presence than that done by OS in
response to open(2).
I employed one hack in the code to avoid device being open()-ed if
cam_open_device() fails, but this was "just in case", not sure if it was
really needed.

The patch works very well for me, especially in tandem with the patch
for SCSI verboseness that I posted to -stable and -scsi.

--
Andriy Gapon