GNOME bug?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Aug 22 10:40:37 PDT 2007

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 21:58:50 -0500, Ян Злобин <yan_zlobin at nsry.ru> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Please, tell me what cat I do for the correct using CUPS from GNOME
> print system?

You need to install gtk20 and libgnomeprint with WITH_CUPS=yes.

> GNOME print system do not view cups printers, but CUPS test page print
> correctly.
>
> I use:
> - FreeBSD 6.2
> - GNOME 2.18.3
> - CUPS 1.2.11
> - libgnomecups 0.22

I never have tried cups stuff in GNOME 2.18.x, but it works great with GTK
2.11.6/GNOME 2.19.x in MC ports by using cups with samba to connect to
WinXP printer server. Only gedit that get crash, but I haven't test with
latest version of gedit yet.

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org