Major 2.18 Issues... [Cannot print using CUPS printer in 2.18]

Lachlan Michael Lachlan.Michael at jp.sony.com
Mon Apr 23 12:10:13 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 14:53 +0900, Lachlan Michael wrote:
> However, one small problem remains. The paper size is still stuck in
> Letter size. The file goes to the correct printer, but on the printer
> monitor it complains about being sent a Letter size file and there being
> no Letter paper in printer.

I may have sent that reply too soon. I played around with the paper
settings and it seems that if I manually set the paper size to A4 (I
though I did that before...), I can now print in A4 as expected.

So my problems are solved! ;-)

To summarize, moving away the PPD files from the locations I had them in
(/usr/local/etc/cups/ppd/ and /usr/local/share/cups/model/) fixed the
printer freezing problem for me.

Thanks to Joe for your help.

P.S. Closing and re-opening gedit seems to have the default paper size
as Letter (when I want it to be A4), but this a minor hassle that I can
live with.

Thanks again,

Lachlan