Major 2.18 Issues... [Cannot print using CUPS printer in 2.18]

Frank Jahnke jahnke at sonatabio.com
Sat Apr 21 23:20:26 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 14:18 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> Try rebuilding libgnomeprint and gtk20 will WITH_CUPS="yes"
> in /etc/make.conf, and see if it helps.

Unfortunately, no, it did not help.  I removed the distfiles,
deinstalled, made clean, and then did make install clean.

The usual applications crash (Abi, Gnumeric, Gedit).

Unlike the other fellow, I cannot get straight cups to work in Gnome,
and never have.  cups-lpr has worked in the past, and that is what I
have used.  The gnome-cups-manager, when printing a test page, gets the
printer to display a message, but no job ever gets there.  The Windows
boxes all work, and formerly PC-BSD worked, but Gnome never has.