More trouble with automounting using hald in Gnome2-2.18.0

Dr. Gary E. RAFE drgerlists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 18:38:27 UTC 2007

Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org> wrote:
!> I was able to get the notebook from my client for a few days
!> and went at it yesterday, with the goal of getting the combination
!> of dbus/polkitd/hald to "just work" from the Gnome desktop.
!>
!> Most of the upgraded packages for gnome2-2.18.0 came from Tinderbox;
!> some from other ftp.freebsd.org sites.
!> The relevant packages here are:
!>
!> dbus-1.0.2_1
!> policykit-0.1.20060514_3
!> hal-0.5.8.20070324
!> nautilus-2.18.0.1_1
!
!Upgrade to hal-0.5.8-20070403 first.  In fact, update all ports to the
!latest first.  A lot of bugs have been fixed since the first GNOME 2.18
!package set was uploaded to MarcusCom.
OK, thanks for that hint.
I'd prefer to do this from available packages;
I don't think my client would mind terribly,
however, if we were to build individual ports,
as needed to get this working as it should.

!I've never seen probe0, and I don't know how this device got referenced.
!  USB umass devices should be /dev/da*.  Again, try with the latest
!ports, and report any problems that remain.
If I can find any pattern to this,
I'll report it here.

--Gary
--
Dr Gary E RAFE: drgerlists at gmail dot com