weird problem with gnome-screensaver on FBSD6

Dominic Marks dom at goodforbusiness.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 02:35:04 PDT 2006

Bhasker Hariharan wrote:
> This may sound weird but if the screensaver kicks in it doesnt accept my password
> and unlock it>.<...the same password that i use for logging in etc etc...but the
> screensaver just locks me out! any ideas what could be causing this?

Are you using a external authentication source like LDAP or
Active Directory? If
so you will need to let xscreensaver know about it. For example I
have this:

/etc/pam.d/xscreensaver

auth sufficient /usr/local/lib/pam_winbind.so
account required /usr/local/lib/pam_winbind.so
password sufficient /usr/local/lib/pam_winbind.so

Dominic