Native Firefox Unicode character 'BLACK STAR'

Vlad GURDIGA gurdiga at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 10:23:02 PDT 2006

Dear sirs,

Some time ago (I guess after rebuilding 6.2-PRERELEASE world and kernel), I
observed that the Unicode character 'BLACK STAR' (★) is not properly
displayed in FreeBSD native Firefox. Instead of this: (see attached
black_star.png), it is displayed like this: (see attached star-bad.gif).
However it is displayed correctly with linux-firefox and linux-opera.

I have to say that before this (make world) the character was displayed
correctly.

The Linux emulation is linux_base-fc4.
Firefox and all the other software is built from the latest port collection
available with default confiuration options.

Here is my "uname -a" result:

#uname -a
FreeBSD ls.net 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #1: Sat Sep 23
20:48:07 EEST 2006     root at ls.net:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/ls  i386

Best regards.
Vlad GURDIGA