nautilus hangs when moving destkop icons

Henrich Feher hfeher at tekran.com
Thu Sep 21 07:14:49 PDT 2006

I am using freebsd 6.1. I installed gnome 2.12. and I am using vnc to
connect . Everytime I drag an icon it will change mouse cursor (to black
cross with L shaped side) and it will stop responding. I see a cursor
moving (when moving mouse) but can not do anything else, but restart
nautilus. I upgraded to 2.14 and have still same problem. When I display
nautilus on another VNC server (another machine) I have the same
problem. When I run X server locally (no vnc) everything is ok, as well
as displaying nautilus on cygwin x server. I was able to reproduce it on
another clean installation of freebsd. I just installed the base system,
gnome2, vnc and the problem occured.
thanks for help

henro