Need Screenshots for GNOME 2.16 - (Was: Re: HEADS UP: GNOME 2.16 coming soon)

Romain Tartiere romain-tartiere at astase.com
Mon Sep 18 17:24:30 PDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 06:37:20AM -0400, michael johnson wrote :
> I will be updating the screenshots page later today,
> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/screenshots.html
> so if you're running GNOME 2.16 please send me your screenshots to be
> included in our screenshots page! We have 2 screenshots to put on the page
> now.

I hope that's not too late...

Here are three screenshots I have tried to make as "clean" and
"realistic" as possible... All of them feature a dual screen display
with a few application running (their is nothing out of the ordinary,
apart maybe the Workrave applet that is not frequently visible on
screenshots). The first one [1] shows some enhancements of gedit (side
panel with files opened in the editor; spell checking) and two pictures
opened in The Gimp. The second one [2] shows the same icon being edited
in Inkscape, and viewed in Nautilus and Eog. A Tomboy note is also
visible. The last one [3] shows "administration" tools : Baobab ; the
System Monitor ; the HAL Device Manager ; and the Menu Editor.

All the screenshots are non-resized / non-compressed pictures. They are
thus quite large but you can do whatever you want with them.

Regards,
Romain Tartière

[1] gimp + gedit (1.1 MB)
http://romain.astase.com/goinfre/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-6.1_GNOME-2.16_404.png

[2] Inkscape + Nautilus + Eog (513 KB)
http://romain.astase.com/goinfre/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-6.1_GNOME-2.16_rss.png

[3] Administration tools (1.2 MB)
http://romain.astase.com/goinfre/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-6.1_GNOME-2.16_systools.png

--
Romain Tartiere <romain-tartiere at astase.com>      http://romain.astase.com/
pgp: 8DAB A124 0DA4 7024 F82A  E748 D8E9 A33F FF56 FF43 (KeyID: 0xFF56FF43)