Ports freeze for 6.2 starts October 10

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sun Sep 17 23:56:54 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 01:44 -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 12:32:18AM -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 23:52:01 -0500, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>
> > wrote:

> > >I'd be interested to know about the GNOME team's plans for this,
> > >myself.
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/newsflash.html#event2006September17:0
>
> Thanks.

I based this off of the SDL conversation.  The GNOME 2.16 merge will be
_much_ more involved since the PREFIX move will touch a lot of ports.
We were thinking of a full pointyhat regression.  I'm all for a
pre-freeze commit if you think it's doable, but know that I will be
traveling in the UK for two weeks starting on the 23rd, so at least I
will be spotty when it comes to helping out with breakage.