FreeBSD Port: mail/thunderbird

Oliver Epper oliver at epper.de
Wed Sep 6 12:54:43 UTC 2006

Stefan Thurner schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use a movemail account in thunderbird to
> read locale mail. But at the first start thunderbird
> complains that it could not create a /var/mail/user.lock
> file. It suggests to chmod 01777 the spool directory.
>
> I have done chmod 1777 /var/mail.
>
> But the error still occurs and thunderbird does not read the
> mail from my system mailbox.

I've just tested that and all I can say is: I works !
Make shure that the rights have been set as suggested:

ls -la /var | grep mail

drwxrwxrwt   2 root    mail      512  6 Sep 14:50 mail

Btw. read the sticky man page (man 8 sticky) if you wonder
about the 1000 in the rights mask. (At least thats what I did ;)

Oliver