Does evolution 2.8 no longer support imap4?

Thomas freebsdlists at bsdunix.ch
Wed Sep 6 08:21:44 UTC 2006

Hello Gnomefellas

Yesterday I upgraded to evolution-2.8.0. It looks like imap4 support is
no longer available. All my accounts with Imap4 as receiving options
where disabled after the upgrade from 2.7.x to 2.8. So I changed it to
Imap.
Another downside is that imap does not support shared imap folder like
imap4 does. I use several shared folder on my cyrus server and I can't
subscribe it anymore.

Is there a way to re-enable imap4 support. At least it should be
documented that imap4 accounts are "disabled". The profiles are still
there but you have to change the receiving protocol to imap.

Cheers,
Thomas

PS: Gnome 2.16 for freebsd looks good. Thanks to all the freebsd gnome
people.