Firefox 2.0 ready for FreeBSD

Scott I. Remick scott at sremick.net
Wed Oct 25 18:24:36 UTC 2006

It's dying for me too. I also rebuilt with debug and logging.

The tail of when I run from the command line:

*** Registering nsAuthModule components (all right -- a generic module!)
*** Registering nsPermissionsModule components (all right -- a generic
module!)
*** Registering mozSpellCheckerModule components (all right -- a generic
module!         )
*** Registering SearchServiceModule components (all right -- a generic
module!)
*** Registering nsBrowserCompsModule components (all right -- a generic
module!)
nsNativeComponentLoader: autoregistering succeeded
/usr/local/lib/firefox/components/nsUrlClassifierLib.js mtime changed,
invalidat         ing FastLoad file
nsNativeComponentLoader: registering deferred (0)
nsNativeComponentLoader: registering deferred (0)
nsNativeComponentLoader: registering deferred (0)
nsNativeComponentLoader: registering deferred (0)
pldhash: for the table at address 0x8433720, the given entrySize of 44
probably          favors chaining over double hashing.
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file
nsChromeRegistry.cpp, lin         e 1252
GFX: dpi=96 t2p=0.0666667 p2t=15 depth=24
++WEBSHELL == 1
WARNING: NS_ENSURE_TRUE(NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)) failed, file
nsStringBundle.cpp, line          273
++DOMWINDOW == 1
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I tried to use gdb but it exhausts virtual memory then dies. :( So
that's no help.

Hopefully my rather insubstantial "me too" is at least of some little use.