GNOME 2.16 upgrade -- lost remote logins and sessions

Doug Poland doug at polands.org
Tue Oct 17 12:50:05 UTC 2006

On Mon, October 16, 2006 23:36, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:59:58 -0500, Doug Poland wrote:
>

>> I upgraded to GNOME 2.16 today on my i386 UNP 6.1-STABLE box.
>>
>> GNOME no longer lists the sessions I've created in
>> /usr/X11R6/etc/dm/Sessions/
>
> Because GNOME has been moved from /usr/X11R6/ to /usr/local, so you
> should be put those files in /usr/local/etc/dm/Sessions/.

Oh... that's what a move from X11BASE to LOCALBASE means :)  Is there
documentation that describes why this move was made?

>> and gdm no longer accepts remote connections, even though it did
>> before the upgrade.

Any ideas why I no longer have remote login capabilities?  gdm-binary
is listening on port 177/udp but I am not presented with a login on my
X terminals.

Thanks for the help.  2.16 seems snappier than 2.14 and am quite
pleased with it so for.  Great job team.

--
Regards,
Doug