HEADS UP: GNOME 2.16.1 has been committed

Kent Stewart kbstew01 at owt.com
Sun Oct 15 13:47:32 PDT 2006

On Sunday 15 October 2006 10:42, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:52:22 -0500, Kent Stewart <kstewart at owt.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday 14 October 2006 22:31, you wrote:

> >> I have added an important sentence in UPDATING about that need to
> >> have least 1.9 version of portmaster to have the upgrade success.
> >> Thanks for remind! :-)
> >
> > You need a little bit more. Cairo won't update because the
> > portupgrade -rf  won't build the glitz dependancy of cairo.
>
> Please do not lose the gnome at freebsd.org from the CC. I don't know
> anything about glitz, so I will not able to help you. I am adding
> gnome at freebsd.org back in.
>
> Please send us the build log for one of my team can have the more clues.

It will be a couple of days. It will also die when I try to update a computer
I call topaz. I fixed it by doing a portupgrade -rR cairo

All that was accidentally left from the suggested upgrade was this

[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 337 packages found
(-0 +1) . done]
--->  Skipping 'x11/kde3' (kde-3.5.4) because a requisite
package 'libgsf-1.14.1' (devel/libgsf) failed (specify -k to force)
** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
        ! graphics/cairo (cairo-1.0.4_1)        (configure error)
        * graphics/poppler (poppler-0.5.3_1)
        * x11-toolkits/pango (pango-1.12.4)
        * x11-toolkits/gtk20 (gtk-2.8.20)
        * www/mozilla (mozilla-1.7.13,2)
        * mail/thunderbird (thunderbird-1.5.0.7)
        * www/firefox (firefox-1.5.0.7,1)
        * x11-toolkits/wxgtk26-common (wxgtk2-common-2.6.3)
        * x11-toolkits/wxgtk26 (wxgtk2-2.6.3)
        * net/boinc-client (boinc-client-5.4.9)
        * astro/boinc-setiathome-enhanced (boinc-setiathome-enhanced-5.13)
        * astro/boinc-einsteinathome (boinc-einsteinathome-4.09,1)
        * devel/gconf2 (gconf2-2.14.0_3)
        * devel/libgsf (libgsf-1.14.1)
        * textproc/libwpd (libwpd-0.8.4_1)
        * textproc/wv2 (wv2-0.2.2_3)
        * editors/koffice-kde3 (koffice-1.5.2,2)
        * multimedia/libxine (libxine-1.1.2_2)
        * multimedia/xine_artsplugin (kdemultimedia-xine_artsplugin-3.5.4_1)
        * multimedia/kdemultimedia3 (kdemultimedia-3.5.4_1)
        * multimedia/noatun-plugins (kdeaddons-noatun-plugins-3.5.4_1)
        * graphics/poppler-qt (poppler-qt-0.5.3)
        * misc/kdeaddons3 (kdeaddons-3.5.4)
        * graphics/kdegraphics3 (kdegraphics-3.5.4)
        * x11/kde3 (kde-3.5.4)
--->  Packages processed: 39 done, 0 ignored, 24 skipped and 1 failed

I did everything in a separate window but did something much later that
scrolled the cairo failure off of the screen. It was complaining about glitz
and glitz was not in the portupgrade build path because of the -rf.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA