Newly installed gdeskcal not appearing anywhere in menus

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Sun May 28 16:58:57 PDT 2006

Hello,
On a freshly built FreeBSD-6.1Stable / Gnome-2.14_1 system, gdeskcal was installed, but
whereas this would have resulted in gdeskcal appearing in the menu (Applications >
Accessories) prior to Gnome2.14, there is now nothing for gdeskcal anywhere in any of
the menu options.

Is this expected behaviour?
How do I add gdeskcal to the Applications menu?

I also only just noticed that there's no longer a "Run application" menu item as well.
This used to provide the ability to simply enter the full filesystem path to the desired
application, and then be able to lauch the application that way, or create a launcher at
that point, too.

Is it the case that this facility is now provided for somewhere else in the menu layout?

Regards,

Stacey