Gnome 2.14 not in main packages yet?

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at freebsd.org
Wed May 24 11:03:02 PDT 2006

Scott I. Remick wrote:
> I'm trying to install Gnome 2.14 from packages on a test system using
> pkg_add -r. According to the FAQ, this should be possible:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q1
>
> However, I keep getting 2.12. Was the FAQ updated prematurely, and 2.14
> simply isn't on the main site yet? I even tried setting PACKAGESITE to
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages/Latest/ (since I'm on
> 6.1-RELEASE so it was pulling the old packages by default) but still got
> 2.12 even with that.
>
> I know I can install from Marcus' tinderbox, so I'm trying that now... but
> seems like it should work from the main FTP site according to the FAQ. ;)

There's always a delay since we have a limited amount of package build
clusters, and we have more to do on them than build packages for FTP.
Additionally, around release times, FTP publishing is frozen to ensure
we have enough space to post the release.

Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome