GNOME Upgrade Error Compiling gnutils-1.2.10

Robert H. Perry rperry at gti.net
Sun May 7 19:11:03 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Marcus Clarke [mailto:marcus at marcuscom.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2006 10:26 PM
To: Bob Perry
Cc: freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: GNOME Upgrade Error Compling gnutils-1.2.10

On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 20:59 -0400, Bob Perry wrote:
> Hello,
> Came across the following error upgrading GNOME:
>   ../lib/.libs/libgnutils.so: undefined reference to '_asn1_find_node'
>   ../lib/.libs/libgnutils.so: undefined reference to
>                       '_asn1_get_length_der'
>
> This occurred while upgrading gnutils halfway through the process.
> Didn't see anything posted in Google.  Pls advise.

I believe this was fixed, but if not, you need to report it to novel who
did the libtasn1 update.

Thanks Joe for your response.  If I understand, gnutls is probably not the
culprit.  I did deinstall and tried to recompile it with no success
yesterday.  Looks like I only need to deinstall/reinstall libtasn1.

Thanks again.
Bob Perry