liferea crashing

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Mon May 1 22:19:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 23:59 +0200, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> Sean McNeil píše v po 01. 05. 2006 v 14:51 -0700:

> > > Can't reproduce. Liferea works just fine here on GNOME 2.14 and amd64.
> > > Sorry.
> >
> > Are you using the standard theme?  I think perhaps there might have been
> > some changes to the file structure for theme support.  I've changed my
> > selection slightly to see if it makes a difference.  I was using:
> >
> > MardiGras Controls
> > Smokey Window Borders
> > Lila Icons
>
> I'm pretty much on the stock GNOME, minus Mist window borders (one of
> the stock themes).
>
> You could try to create a new user, copy over your ~/.liferea and try it
> out there.

Standard "Smokey" theme causes same problem.  I tried to attach
my .liferea (as liferea.zip), but the freebsd mail filter blocked it. I
thought it might be the cache, but I deleted that and next'd through
everything then hopped around a little and it crashed.  I can crash it
in less than a minute clicking the next button and all around on the
panels and categories.  Usually I have to delete the window first and
hit the tray icon to bring it back.

The only other thing that might be related is that I have an SMP machine
(amd64 athlon 2x). This could be a threading issue with memory freed too
soon. As Marcus stated, it looks like memory corruption.  So this might
fit.