Firefox, Galeon sound System Bell

Jeff Isaac jmidaemon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 10:32:20 PST 2006

Howdy!
    Sorry to trouble all of you, but I have come across an *extremely*
annoying bug/feature. Firefox and Galeon both sound the system bell (the
computer monotone beep). They sound about three beeps on startup, a beep
every time a new page is loaded, and 1-3 beeps upon quit. I have gone
into the Gnome sound settings and unchecked the "sound system bell"
option and enabled proper sounds, to no effect. Interestingly enough,
they do NOT beep when I launch them from a terminal, but they load as if
they've never been run before (the output reports registering a bunch of
stuff, and then the import bookmarks/first run dialogue window pops up)
I have rebuilt firefox from ports and done a portupgrade -rR firefox.
These are the only two applications that this happens with. Any
suggestions? Thanks!
- Jeff