www/mozilla and negotiateauth

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Mon Jan 16 12:13:57 PST 2006

Hello, Gnome users and maintainers!

I'm new to this list. Don't blame me for misunderstanding something. ;-)

My task was to create a package of www/mozilla with negotiateauth
extension to spread across our company. I managed to do so by
deletting www/mozilla/files/patch-extensions_negotiateauth_Makefile.in
from the port's tree. After a success I tried to find out what this
file was intended for. I gave up even after lookung up at logs at
cvsweb.

Can anybody here explain it to me? Maybe this file was good with some
old version of www/mozilla and now is not?

The negotiateauth extension is from MOZ_EXTENSION_DEFAULT list. It's
very useful at Single-Sign-On environments. But currently it is not
compiled/installed with the default options (both OS and the
port). The negotiateauth (i.e. GSSAPI/SPNEGO) support is off at the
official packages. Deletting the patch from the port changes the
situation. Am I missing something?

WBR
--
Boris B. Samorodov, Research Engineer