gnomedesktop and WITHOUT_NLS=yes

Pav Lucistnik pav at oook.cz
Mon Jan 16 04:38:24 PST 2006

Dirk Meyer píše v po 16. 01. 2006 v 13:29 +0100:
> Jean-Yves Lefort schrieb:,
>
> > WITHOUT_NLS is tested nowhere in the port or in Mk/. It probably fails
> > to package for you because for some reason, the configure script could
> > not find libintl or its assorted header.
>
> I think so too, in that enviroment the port fails.
> I would like to fix this case.
>
> We have 3 options:
>
> [1] Patch to honor WITHOUT_NLS.
>
> [2] check in the port Makefile what the configure script is looking for
>     anduse the modiefied pkg-plist.
>
> [3] extend dependecy of this port, so the NLS files can be made
>     even when the libs are not installed implicity by other dependencies.

[4] Find what went wrong on your machine.

Note that you can't have gnomedesktop and not have gettext, that's just
not possible. One of the gnomedesktop's dependencies, pango, uses
gettext unconditionally.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

Co vime o lasce? Laska je jako hruska. Hruska je sladka a ma urcity tvar.
Zkuste presne definovat tvar hrusky.
  -- Marigold: Pul stoleti poezie