What type of hardware are you using?

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Wed Jan 11 19:36:45 PST 2006

Hi,

Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 00:32 +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
>
>>Get an SMP machine when you upgrade. It will cost more but it will feel
>
>   Yeah, I thought about that, I may just go the cheaper route right now.

keep the money in your wallet for the moment. I worked recently with a
Pentium IV running at something above 3 GHz. The machine felt so slow
even under low load.

I use to upgrade since decades to leading edge hardware and keep it for
a pretty long time. This saves me some money and a lot of time on the
long term.

I then get the itch when new hardware comes to the market. As long as
the itch does not get to bad, I stick with the old one. The current one
I got 2001.

Erich