Urgent: Can't type in gdm after system upgrade

Jürgen Dankoweit Juergen.Dankoweit at T-Online.de
Wed Jan 4 20:43:21 PST 2006

Good morning,

as quick work around you can start gdm the old way:
/usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d/xxxxxxserver.sh (will start the script as late as
possible)
# erstellt: 15.11.2004
# ==================================

PREFIX=/usr/X11R6

case "$1" in
        start)
                export LANG=de
                export LANGUAGE=de
                export LC_TYPE=de_DE.8859-15
                export LC_ALL=de_DE.8859-15
                ${PREFIX}/bin/gdm
                ;;
        stop)
                /usr/bin/killall -m gdm 2>/dev/null
                ;;
        *)
                echo "Usage: `basename $0` start | stop"
                exit 64
                ;;
esac

exit 0