ports/91213: pkg-config ignores autotools normal .pc directories

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Jan 2 13:20:08 PST 2006

The following reply was made to PR ports/91213; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, anholt at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/91213: pkg-config ignores autotools normal .pc directories
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 15:18:44 -0600

 I am against this, because you want to break hier(7) then the others will
 want to do same thing again and again....Then we end up have more messy of
 hier(7) in our system. Also, I don't think it's difficult to teach those
 stuff about .pc is in libdata/pkgconfig.

 Anyway, I am up to the vote.... My vote would be no.

 FreeBSD GNOME Team