gdm, RELENG_6 update

Mark Nowiasz buckaroo at gmx.de
Mon Jan 2 09:10:42 PST 2006

Jürgen Dankoweit wrote:

> no, no, no. I mean renaming an d rewqriting the start script in
> /usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d!
> Like:
>
> PREFIX=/usr/X11R6
>
> case "$1" in
>         start)
>                 export LANG=de
>                 export LANGUAGE=de
>                 export LC_TYPE=de_DE.8859-15
>                 export LC_ALL=de_DE.8859-15
>                 ${PREFIX}/bin/gdm

		  ${PREFIX}/sbin/gdm :-)
[...]

Yes, this works :-)  but strangely, only if VTAllocation=false (exactly
opposite to the suggested configuration).

It seems that the vtys are allocated at the ver end, just after
initializing everything else - at boot time, I've got an error message,
FreeBSD tries to initialize kbd0 (ukbd0) but complains that syscons ist
not running..

Regards,
Mark
--
Opinions are like assholes -- everyone's got one, but nobody wants to
look at the other guy's.