While we discuss libtool (-fpic vs. -fPIC)

Mikhail Teterin mi+mxe at aldan.algebra.com
Tue Feb 28 13:35:23 PST 2006

У вт, 2006-02-28 у 16:31 -0500, Kris Kennaway пише:
> In fact I'd say none will (except those that might break by having it
> defined unexpectedly), because any port that needs to define -DPIC
> that in order to conditionally compile PIC code must already be doing
> so, or it'd be broken out of the box.

Well being 100% correct is better, than being 99.99% correct. As I said,
these things aren't worth the trouble of chasing individual ports, but
making something like libtool DTRT is a good idea.

This includes both, `-fpic' and `-DPIC' flags.

Yours,

	-mi