xcdroast problem

andy at neu.net andy at neu.net
Mon Feb 27 14:32:37 PST 2006

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> > Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:02:33 -0500 (EST)
> > From: andy at neu.net
> > Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
> >

> > On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
> >
> > > You must have upgraded your system to 6.X, so you need to recompile
> > > xcdroast  against the new libraries.
> > >
> > >   'portupgrade -f xcdroast'
> > >
> > > ..will work for you.

> > Thanks for your reply, I tried the command as suggested.  However, still
> > no dvd capabilities:
> >
> > # /usr/X11R6/lib/xcdroast-0.98/bin/cdrecord.prodvd -version
> > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcam.so.2" not found, required by
> > "cdrecord.prodvd"
> >
> > Do you know what program installs libcam.so.2, maybe I need to portupgrade
> > that as well?  How do you determine which program uses libcam.so.2?
>
> libcam.so is a part of the base OS.
>
> libcam.so.2 was the version present in FreeBSD V4. V6 has
> libcam.so.3. Its sources are in /usr/src/lib/libcam and the library
> should be in /usr/lib/libcam.so. In V4, it's really there. In V6, it's
> in /lib with a symlink from /usr/lib.
>
> If you built xcdroast after the upgrade, it should be linked against
> libcam.so.3, not .2. If you install compat5x and compat4x ports, you
> should get a copy of the .2 version in /usr/local/lib/compat.

Ken:

Thanks alot, that was the magic I needed.  So, for anyone else who may be
having this or similar problems, you need to install compat 4x and 5x.
I'm not sure if you need both, but I installed both and it works.

BTW: Ken how did you know this, is it something i should have known from
the documentation?

Andy